Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Baby Sadie's Quilt

I am entering quilts to the Bloggers quilt festival, so if you don't want to see this again just keep moving.
If you haven't seen this yet, by all means stay.
I messed it up, I am only allowed to enter one quilt so this one is removed from the party, I thought I would leave it up since I was getting comments on it.
My big brother works for the church and moved to Samoa to manage the church farms in the pacific.
He has two boys, they are about the best two boys you could ever meet. Truly they are going to grow to be great men. The doctors have told them they they shouldn't have anymore children due to health issues. They truly are blessed with the boys, but as any mother will tell you there is nothing like a daughter.
About a month after they arrived they were asked to adopt a baby, a young woman was pregnant and her husband had left. They really didn't know what they were going to do. Months later they were called again saying that this woman was in labor, and did they want the baby.
I could tell you all the details or cut to the chase,
 I think I will cut to the chase.
They got the baby,
 a girl,
they named her after our Grandmother.
Here she is Baby Sadie, seriously isn't she about the cutest thing.
I mean just look at those cheeks, and those lips, ooh I just want to squish her up.

I went to work on a quilt, I found this great collection at the walmart. I know it is hard to believe but it is true, the walmart. I know there are those who will think that I am complete white trash, but oh well I liked it, and I knew my sister in law would love it. It has everything that she likes bright colors and small flowers.
Front
Back

I followed  Care's great instructions. It was quick and easy and I love it. I can't wait to make another one.

Here is a close up of the quilting.

and her name.

I love her, and can't wait to meet her one day. It is hard when they live in the middle of the ocean.


4 comments:

  1. How awesome!! She's so cute! I love those chocolate chip eyes!! Your quilt is beautiful too. I know she will love it. And there is nothing wrong with THE WALMART!! I've found sound great fabrics there over the years. Too bad they are taking the fabric sections out of alot of stores! Best wishes to your brother and his family. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt!! And the story - what a great memory for Sadie when she grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... I love this one, too! So perfect for such a sweet and beautiful little girl! I agree there's nothing wrong with Walmart fabric ... just wish I could still get some. Our's stopped carring the fabric about 6 months ago. I think it's the main reason for Shamash and Sons going out of business ... now where am I going to get all that delightful novelty fabric?

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete