Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fourth of July


How was your fourth?

I am posting this from my phone so wish me luck.

We went to the Stadium of Fire.  It's a big fireworks spectacular that is held here in Utah every fourth. 
Kelly Clarkson and Carly Rae Jepson performed. It was a lot of fun.


I of course did some sewing, I used to make whole entire Fourth of July wardrobes for the girls. 
This year since we weren't going to the parade, I just made dresses for that night.

The little girls Lala and Baby Sister got the same dresses. 
I got this super cute fabric last year from Riley Blake. 
I ran out of time to make dresses last year so I did it this year.


I love the ombré poke a dots. 
I love this dress. 
I really love the baby piping.


Baby Sister was still asleep when I was taking pictures. 
I thought for sure I would have time to take a group shot, but I was wrong.

Gowyn wanted me to make a '50's style sundress, but I didn't have time for that. 
I also didn't have time to get a picture of her in her dress. 


Isn't it cute, I think it is perfect for a twelve year old princess. 
Want to know what is cuter? 
Those little Polk a dots are really little stars.


I finished sewing Gowyn's dress at about 11:30 on the morning of the fourth. 
I'm really good at last minute things.

Baubi had told me that she didn't want me to make her anything. 
She wanted to wear her cut off white shorts. 
As you might have guessed I was not happy about that decision. 
So as soon as I was done with Gowyn's dress I started Baubi's skirt. 
I had seen skirts like this on Pinterest and wanted to try to make one myself. 
I love it!!
 Most importantly the teenager LOVES it!!! 
She has worn it three times since.

Here is a close up. 
The skirt is made with lace yardage that I layered up the length of the skirt.


The best thing about this skirt was that it was free!! 
The skirt fabric was scraps, and the lace was given to me from when I worked at Jolene's. 
I love free.

I hope you had a happy and safe holiday. I will see you soon.

Oh my goodness, blogging from my phone was a bad idea.
All these pictures are from my phone and I thought that might work.
Man oh man was I wrong.

I will try again.
Let me know if you want me to do a tutorial on Baubi's skirt.










No comments:

Post a Comment