Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Done Done Done!!!


The grand total was. 22 girls dresses and 2 adult skirts. To break it down further I can say that I made 55 skirts, 22 fully lined bodices, set 44 sleeves, 78 button holes, 78 buttons with 10 being sewn on by hand. Now in case you are reading this thinking you only made 22 dresses what's up with all those skirts. Each dress size 18 months to seven had three skirts one sheer, one satin, one cotton slip. The dresses size eight to 12 each had two skirts one sheer one crepe. Sleeves and bodices were fully lined and understiched. I made three baby outfits that were basically a bubble with a skirt, so I guess I can say that I also made three pants. Now you know the extent of the crazy that goes on in my mind, if you are going to do it, do it fabulous.

The wedding was Saturday and amazing! I couldn't have been more excited for her. She waited so long and found the most perfect man who loves her 100% and than some.

I was finishing up my sewing at the rehearsal dinner at my sisters house. I had run out of orange thread for the skirt I was making. My choices were buy the thread finish at home and show up to the wedding with the skirt for the sister in law, or buy the thread and take my machine and finish it that night at the party, so that is what I did.

I was wanting to get a picture of all the dresses lined up in a row, but every one was so excited that they went fast.
This was the best I could do.

Since that picture doesn't tell you much I will break it down further.
I made six straw colored dresses like this one Lala is wearing.


I made four ginger colored dresses like this one that Lex is wearing. In this one you can see the slip peaking out from the bottom.



This super cute girl is our cousin. I made four of these cranberry dresses. Isn't she so good at walking like a princess, and swirl, and swoosh and hold up your dress like Sleeping Beauty does.


The big girls thought that they were too cool for our little photo shoot and left, so I couldn't get a picture of them that day so here is a picture of their dresses. I made six of these, they are crepe and chiffon.
Each dress got one of these super cute flowers I made to make the dress more exciting.

My sister not only got an amazing husband, she also got two sweet girls.
They obviously needed something more exciting since they were part of the wedding party so they got theses two piece dresses in this dark plum color.

Just for fun some more photos. It is important to walk like a princess when going down the stairs.



Even a princess needs to have a little sass.


It was fun to have the challenge, fun to see all the cute girls twirling in their dresses, and fun to hear over and over how amazing I was. Compliments are always fun. I wish I could say I did it once and I don't have to worry about doing it again but alas I will. My sister's sister in law is getting married in January. Bring it on!

And there you have it. Now on to Halloween. Let the games begin.

13 comments:

  1. WOW is all I can say! One dress would be amazing enough, but 4 you are super seamstress!
    Visiting from Simpsonized crafts you can checkout my less impressive sewing at http://mommycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job! I felt like that after costuming Music Man... You start thinking that you are a robot...
    You should come link this up to my Making It With Allie Party!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do things like I do...all the way and over the top and anything for love! All gorgeous and beautiful. This reminds me of the 50 handmade satin roses I made for my daughter's wedding dress. Man, it was beautiful tho! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great example you are! You dis this with a song in your heart and a smile on your face. You are on creative and determined momma! Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. I especially appreciate your unabashedly owning the fact that you are mom and proud of it. Thank you from another woman who always felt she was born to be a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michaela I clicked over to your blog so cute and I was so excited to see your Halloween spiders i have been looking for them to replace family pictures for the season thanks for coming over for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you were super busy. They all came out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!!!!
    You are crazy. I thought I was crazy for agreeing to make 4 flower girl dresses ,2 baby dresses, and 2 honeymoon looks for my sisters wedding next month... I haven't even started yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are gorgeous dresses, and I adore the fabric flowers! I hope you had something beautiful to wear, and took a long nap afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dresses are beautiful,I am not surprised that you recognize mine after making so many!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to see all the dresses for myself after hearing about them tonight. Absolutely beautiful! I'm amazed.

    ReplyDelete