Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Wedding Tutus

Like I said yesterday I made the flower girls Tutus

You may think this is silly.

 I know my daughter, and all though I would like to think I am raising a princess, 
I'm not she is a little girl.

She is a little girl who thinks her clothes are napkins.
and that there is nothing special about the dresses I make.

I am sure she thinks that all moms do what I do.
That all girls get dresses like she does.

At least that is what I tell myself, when I see them in a pile on her floor.


Just as a reminder the girls got these beautiful,
floor length,
raw silk from India,
dresses.

So for the reception I had them change into this. 



How cute are they.


OK they aren't really tutus, more of a modern take on a tutu.
I used this pattern, it has fishing line in the hem. 



Makes them all cute, curly, and fluffy.


My friend has a silhouette machine,
 and she very kindly made the "P"

"P" is for the brides new last name.



Here is proof about what a wise woman I am.

There she is covered in shaving cream.

Now imagine for a second that she is in silk.



Are you having a heart attack yet?


The skirts are full circle skirts and were so fun to dance in.



Something to think about before your next wedding.

It was such a good day.

They are the best couple ever.




3 comments: