Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Christmas in July


Sew Festive Handmade

Have you heard about this party going on?
I thought it would be so much fun to play along.

You may remember this post.
I did have my swap, and I did get my fabrics.
 They were adorable and just what I needed.
The only problem was that it was only 200 fabrics.
I know one would think that would be enough.
For a normal person that would be enough.
My quilt however requires 525 circles.
I really wanted 525 different circles.

I did finally start making my circles.


Aren't they adorable.
I made them this past week while on vacation.


They were used as the poker chips.


I hear that the red ones were worth the least, and the blue the most.

I finished the last of the circles last night.

I was at the hospital with Good Looking.
He thought it might be fun to throw out his back 10 days ago.
Since it wasn't getting any better we spent eight hours at the ER.


Good times....good times.
He has two, not one but two blown disks.

The good news is that the last of the circles are done.
They are air drying on the deck.
It shouldn't take long since it is 95 degrees outside.

I sprayed them with the homemade starch


It was faster then painting them with the starch, and worked fabulous.



One of my favorites, because with a name like Robyn...


I know you want some for yourself.
You may not have a need for 525 circles but you know you want
at least 200 4" squares.

The rules are as follows

Go to the store, or to your stash and get 10 Christmas fabrics
You will need 1/4 yard or a fat quarter of each one.

Cut them up into 20 4" squares.
I provided you with a tutorial here.

Show your love for me by sorting them into twenty separate piles.
Although I love doing these swaps, I do not love touching 2,000 separate pieces of fabric.

Place your precious cargo into a self addressed stamped envelope.
Send it to me, I will shuffle them around, 
and send you back 200 different fabrics for all of your Christmas crafting needs.

I know you want to do it.

Click on it, leave your name and email, and I will send you more detailed info.

I am hoping that we can have more then one swap, so tell your friends and family.

I hope you have a great day.





9 comments:

  1. Your circles are so incredibly cute. Love the poker chip idea. So so sorry about your husband. Why do things keep happening??? I don't understand sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to participate! There are some fantastic Christmas prints coming out, and we will have plenty of time to sew up a Christmas quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl when have I missed out on a swap! LOL You know you can count me in! And more than one swap... even better! LOL Can't wait for details! I guess I should be christmas fabric shopping!! ;o) I will also link a post on my blog and in my swaps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im not interested in the swap, but i have a number of christmas fabrics id be happy to send you? let me know if you are interested! 4 inch charms, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poker chips are awesome, what a fun project!

    Thanks for linking up to The Handmade Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your husband, hope he's doing better! What a wonderful swap idea!! I'm very interested, i'm going to sign up to get some more details. :) Happy day to you! hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have a question - if i send 2 sets - with different fabrics - would i get back 400 DIFFERENT fabrics - or 2 sets with the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if there are 20 people playing you'll get 200 different fabrics back - the 10 that each of the 20 people contributed. if there are 40 people (which is enough for two swaps) and you managed to get into each of the swaps, you'd get back 400 different fabrics - 10 that each of 40 people contributed. if there's only one swap of 20 people, there's no way to get 400 unique fabrics out of it.
      i hope that helps you out!

      Delete